Online entries CLICK HERE
First Prize: £150, Second Prize: £75, Third Prize: £25
(In addition: £25 Humour Prize)
THEME: CITY LIFE
Final date for entries – 30th April 2020
RULES: Please read carefully
- A maximum of 40 lines per poem is allowed.
- Poems should bear no identification of the poet. Humour entries should be marked with an ‘H’ in the top left of the page. Humour entrants are not disqualified from winning main prizes.
- Please enclose a separate A4 sheet of paper with your full contact details (address, email, phone number) and list of titles submitted. For online entries, this information is allowable in the body of the email.
- All entries must be typed on A4 paper (for postal entries) in English (dialects allowable), and must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant. Entries are encouraged to follow the theme.
- If, after entry, your work is published in any form, please let us know. In some cases this may disqualify your entry and entitle you to a refund.
- For internet entries, please include PayPal ref. number in body of email OR put the poem(s) names in the comments (information) box when paying. Also please use basic formatting in any of .doc, .docx, rich text (.rtf) or .odf file types when attaching your file to the email. Any .pdfs, sidebars, headers, footers or unusual layouts may result in your electronic entry being rejected without notice.
- Each entry should be accompanied by the appropriate fee of £3 per poem or four poems for £10. Cheques/Postal orders should be in sterling and payable to: SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE.
- The closing date for entries will be 30th April 2020. Winners will be informed in June, general availability of results thereafter. There may be a delay publishing results and/or winning poems depending on circumstances and permissions. Any excessive correspondence regarding results may cause your entry to be withdrawn.
- Please keep a copy of your poem(s) as manuscripts cannot be returned.
- The adjudicator’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding receipt of individual entries or payments. Please do not contact us regarding bounced payments unless you are certain Paypal is not functional.
- Once your entry has been submitted, any entrant contacting the judges for any reason deemed an attempt to circumvent the judging process is liable to be disqualified.
- If you would like a copy of adjudicator’s report (if and when available), please include an SAE for paper entries, or for online entries please state you wish to have the results in the body of the email.
- No application form is required.
Envelopes should be sent to:-
Southport Writers’ Circle Poetry Competition
60 Dinorwic Rd,
- Please DO NOT send entries by recorded delivery or send any other material such as return/receipt postcards as this will be disregarded.
Online entries CLICK HERE