First Prize: £150, Second Prize: £75, Third Prize: £25
(In addition: £25 Humour Prize: £25 Local Prize)
Lindsey’s small collection Particle Soup appeared with KFS in 2012. In 2015 she was shortlisted for the Manchester Poetry Prize and also placed in the Wigtown, Café Writers and Wenlock poetry competitions. She will be a Hawthornden Fellow in 2016. She studied at the University of Warwick and worked for Heaventree Press whilst completing an MA in Writing there. She founded the network North West Poets, for which she edited and published two anthologies. She teaches Creative Writing at Edge Hill University and is co-editor of the online poetry magazine The Compass. Her pamphlet The Lanterns is forthcoming from Eyewear in March 2016 and she is currently working on Bloodlines, a full collection of poetry which draws on research into her family history.
RULES: Please read carefully
1. Poems should bear no identification of the poet. Local entrants (Liverpool and Preston Postcodes) should mark poems with an ‘L’. In the top left corner. Humour entries should be marked with an ‘H’. Local and Humour entrants are not disqualified from winning main prizes.
2. Please enclose a separate A4 sheet of paper with your full contact details and list of titles submitted.
3. All entries must be typed on A4 paper, in English, and must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
4. Each entry should be accompanied by the appropriate fee of £3 per poem or four poems for £10. Cheques/Postal orders should be in sterling and payable to:
SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE.
6. A maximum of 40 lines per poem is allowed.
7. The closing date for entries will be 30th April 2016. Winners will be informed early June.
8. Please keep a copy of your poem(s) as manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The adjudicator’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding individual entries or payments. Entrants who enclose an S.A.E will receive a copy of the adjudicator’s report (if available). No application form is required.
Envelopes should be sent to:-
Southport Writers’ Circle Poetry Compeition
3 Hereford Road
Please DO NOT send entries by recorded delivery or send any other conformational material.