SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE
INTERNATIONAL POETRY COMPETITION
FINAL ADJUDICATOR: Stephen Beattie
First Prize: £150, Second Prize: £75, Third Prize: £25
(In addition: £25 Humour Prize: £25 Local Prize
RULES: Please read carefully
1. Poems should bear no identification of the poet. Local entrants
(Liverpool and Preston Postcodes) should mark poems
with an ‘L’. Humour entries should be marked with an ‘H’.
Please enclose a separate A4 sheet of paper
with your full contact details and list of titles submitted.
2. All entries must be typed on A4 paper, in English, and
must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
3. Each entry should be accompanied by the appropriate fee
of £3 per poem or four poems for £10. Cheques/Postal orders
should be in sterling and payable to
SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE.
4. A maximum of 40 lines per poem is allowed.
5. The closing date for entries will be 30th April 2014
6. Please keep a copy of your poem(s) as manuscripts
cannot be returned.
7. The adjudicator’s decisions are final and no
correspondence will be entered into. Entrants who
enclose an S.A.E will receive a copy of the adjudicator’s report.
No application form is required. Envelopes should be marked ‘POETRY COMPETITION’ and sent to:- Southport Writers’ Circle, 15 Mossgiel Avenue, Ainsdale, Merseyside, PR8 2RE
Please DO NOT send entries by recorded delivery.
About the final adjudicator.
Stephen Beattie is a Lincolnshire born poet who is currently based on Merseyside. His work has been widely published in poetry magazines both in the UK and USA and has been broadcast on local and national radio. He has had success in a number of national poetry competitions and had his poems included in several anthologies.
His first collection, ‘Treading The Helix’ was published by Indigo Dreams Publishing in 2010, his second collection, ‘Between The Lines’ will be published in early 2014.