ENTER COMPETITIONS ONLINE
If you want to join us at one of our meetings, we meet every Thursday evening at 8pm in:
Birkdale Library (rear entrance)
240–242 Liverpool Road
Enquiries regarding meetings only to:
ADJUICATOR: Alison Chisholm
First Prize: £200, Second Prize: £100, Third Prize: £50
(In addition: £25 Humour Prize: £25 Local Prize
RULES: Please read carefully
1. Poems should bear no identification of the poet. Local entrants
(Liverpool and Preston Postcodes) should mark poems
with an ‘L’. Please enclose a separate sheet of A4 paper
with your full contact details and list of titles
2. All entries must be typed on A4 paper, in English, and
must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
3. Each entry should be accompanied by the appropriate fee
of £3 per poem or four poems for £10. Cheques/Postal orders should be in
sterling and payable to SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE.
4. A maximum of 40 lines per poem is allowed.
5. The closing date for entries will be 30th April 2012.
6. Please keep a copy of your poem(s) as manuscripts
cannot be returned.
7. The adjudicator’s decisions are final and no
correspondence will be entered into. Entrants who
enclose an S.A.E will receive a copy of the adjudicator’s
No application form is required. Envelopes should be marked ‘POETRY COMPETITION’ and sent to:- Southport Writers’ Circle, 18 Ditchfield, Formby, Merseyside, L37 4EQ
please DO NOT send entries by recorded delivery.
We are now accepting online Entries! Click HERE for more details.
All contents ©Copyright of Southport Writers Circle and/or respective authors.