Online entries CLICK HERE
First Prize: £150, Second Prize: £75, Third Prize: £25
(In addition: £25 Humour Prize)
Chief Judge: Daniel Riding
Daniel Riding is a published poet, children’s author and artist, currently living in Liverpool with his husband and two very demanding cats, Raja and Oliver. Daniel has always loved playing with words and telling magical and fun stories, so it is no surprise that he ended up as a poet and writer. When not writing and drinking copious amounts of tea, Daniel is also a bookseller which, after writing, is one of the best jobs in the world.
RULES: Please read carefully
- Poems should bear no identification of the poet. Humour entries should be marked with an ‘H’. Humour entrants are not disqualified from winning main prizes.
- Please enclose a separate A4 sheet of paper with your full contact details (address, email, phone number) and list of titles submitted. For online entries, this information is allowable in the body of the email.
- All entries must be typed on A4 paper (for postal entries) in English (dialects allowable), and must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
- For internet entries, please include PayPal ref. number in body of email OR put the story(ies) names in the comments (information) box when paying. Also please use basic formatting in any of .doc, .docx, rich text (.rtf) or .odf file types when attaching your file to the email. Any .pdfs, sidebars, headers, footers or unusual layouts may result in your electronic entry being rejected without notice.
- Each entry should be accompanied by the appropriate fee of£3 per poem or four poems for £10. Cheques/Postal orders should be in sterling and payable to: SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE.
- A maximum of 40 lines per poem is allowed.
- The closing date for entries will be 30th April 2019. Winners will be informed in June, general availability of results thereafter.
- Please keep a copy of your poem(s) as manuscripts cannot be returned.
- The adjudicator’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding receipt of individual entries or payments. Please do not contact us regarding bounced payments unless you are certain Paypal is not functional.
- If you would like a copy of adjudicator’s report (if and when available), please include an SAE for paper entries, or for online entries please state you wish to have the results in the body of the email.
- No application form is required.
Envelopes should be sent to:-
Southport Writers’ Circle Poetry Competition
60 Dinorwic Rd,
Please DO NOT send entries by recorded delivery or send any other material such as return/receipt postcards as this will be disregarded.
Online entries CLICK HERE