First Prize: £150, Second Prize: £75, Third Prize: £25
(In addition: £25 Humour Prize: £25 Local Prize)
RULES: Please read carefully
1. Poems should bear no identification of the poet. Local entrants (Liverpool and Preston Postcodes) should mark poems with an ‘L’. In the top left corner. Humour entries should be marked with an ‘H’
2. Please enclose a separate A4 sheet of paper with your full contact details and list of titles submitted.
3. All entries must be typed on A4 paper, in English, and must be the original, unpublished work of the entrant.
4. Each entry should be accompanied by the appropriate fee of £3 per poem or four poems for £10. Cheques/Postal orders should be in sterling and payable to:
SOUTHPORT WRITERS’ CIRCLE.
6. A maximum of 40 lines per poem is allowed.
7. The closing date for entries will be 30th April 2015. Winners will be informed early June.
8. Please keep a copy of your poem(s) as manuscripts cannot be returned.
7. The adjudicator’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding individual entries. Entrants who enclose an S.A.E will receive a copy of the adjudicator’s report (if available). No application form is required.
Envelopes should be marked ‘POETRY COMPETITION’ and sent to:-
Southport Writers’ Circle,
22 Melling Road,
Southport, PR9 9DU
Please DO NOT send entries by recorded delivery or send any other conformational material.